Sunday, July 12, 2009

Journal Entry

In all of the business of the weekend, I forgot to mention that our Dambudzo [the burn patient] died on Saturday. =(. No one knows the reason why. But our best bet is the she just gave up. Her father came to see her for the first time of few days ago. Maybe she was holding on until he came. My friend was saying that she went in for the dressing change on Friday and her eyes were "creepily wide open" and she kept saying that she couldn't do this anymore.
Oh man. She was a trooper. Granted she did the damage to herself... I couldn't imagine that much pain and think of all that mental depression and everything that went along with it. Like seriously. Wanting to kill yourself the waking to find yourself in that condition. Wow. It was a miracle that she lasted that long.
I think God kept her alive to set things right wither her parents and family and her in-laws. She was also able to hear the gospel. I am not sure if she was a believer when she died, but I know the chaplains talked with her often. I pray that now she is in heaven basking in God's glory in a new body that isn't damaged by burns.

3 comments:

  1. wow, i was just reading all of you posts.
    What an experiance you are having. God is using you in so many different ways. you will never know the full impact of what you are doing in this life. Only in the next.
    Sad to hear about the burn patient.
    I love you, and i hope your next few weeks are AMAZING!-- Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Erin! What a tough experience. I just want you to know that I am praying for you! You are currently on the short list of people that I pray for at night before I go to sleep or when I wake up.

    I <3 you!

    PS--I am watching out for your kid brother this week. No new sprains yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha erin you dont need to have people watch me. but thanks cant wait to see you. love you and praying for you.
    chadwick

    ReplyDelete