Thursday, June 4, 2009

What not to pack.

I am pretty much done packing. Woo hoo! It is a very stressful task, maybe even more stressful than finding an SOS location!

Pack what you need --- but don't overpack!
Batteries. all sizes.
Toiletries [or in my case doyletries].
underwear.
toenail clippers.
crystal light to-go packets >so your water doesn't taste like metal.
pens.
sudoku.
liquids in 3oz bottles.
all the proper documents. passport copies. immunization records. insurance. emergency contancts.
finding places to store cash.
and on and on and on and on.


Saturday. That's only two mornings left. How is that possible? Time flies.
and it hasn't hit me that I am going to Zimbabwe. I mean... yesterday my boyfriend was teaching me how to shoot a semi-automatic 22 rifle [i hit the bulls eye and knocked down, like, 10 pins]... and in now I am leaving home. Crazy!
Though I suppose I won't get to Zimbabwe for another week.
I am going to fly to Chicago on Saturday to visit my good buddy Jac from high school.
Briefing with my organization begins on Tuesday.
Fly out of the country on Friday.
SOOOOO.... it is completely okay that I don't feel like I am going to Africa... because I won't get there for many days.

I also spent some time adding some playlists and audio books to my ipod. It will be a long plane ride. I have Kite Runner some Jane Austen to keep me company. =)

Tomorrow will be spent sifting out unneeded item in my suitcase, and buying last minute necessities.

Please pray:
*I can make the most of the time with my family.
*I remember the reason I am going on an SOS.
*Safe travels in airplanes.


Maybe I will send another update from Chicago before I leave for Zimbabwe.
OH! and. I received an email today from TEAM saying that the internet connection in Zimbabwe is very very poor... so I probably will not update very often. but I will try. so don't check this blog everyday or anything. =)

Love you guys!
God bless!

P.S. Check out the picture of me shooting the gun. Just call me Sally Shooter!


2 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to post! I like the gun pic! What a classic! And then in Kadoka yet!
    Anyway, we will be praying for you and your boyfriend this summer. (He happens to be my son) So there you go!
    Enjoy, and we'll be waiting for the updates, but we totally understand if you can't blog while in Africa. Do people in Africa blog? Guess you'll find out.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You look totally cool...

    ReplyDelete