Friday, June 12, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

My flight out of Chicago is at 10ish pm. That is in one hour!!!!! I can't believe this is the day I leave for Zimbabwe! Crazy!



Briefing this week has been a ton of fun! but draining -- I am pooped! There were are about 10 short term missionaries all going to different locations. Although we won't be a team serving together in the same country, we bonded as a team and became family to one another. The sessions we had were very similar to our SOS meetings at Northwestern, not so much training for our assignments, but learning about different cultures, etc.



Last night we went to "Little India" in Chicago. Learn some Hindi language and walked around. Cali (the girl traveling with me to Zimbabwe) and I spent about 20 minutes in a Hindu dress shop looking at all the different styles of sarees. We talked with a 20 year old girl who left India to come to Chicago just a month ago. She is very lonely and is looking for friends. She seemed happy to talk with American girls her age. She wanted out cell phone numbers so we could hang out often, not knowing we were just visiting. I would have liked the chance to become her friend.



We spent the rest of the evening downtown Chicago at the Big Bean and and Navy Pier. I love Chicago! Especially the big bean. Maybe I will live here one day!







Today has been a busy day getting ready to go... but now I am about to leave. To God be the glory!!






I need to go.. but guess who i saw today? Take a look:







The Barbster!!!


It has taken forever to post this. First the internet went out at TEAM in CHicago. Then the computer booted me off at the Chicago airport. Then no internet at a missionaries house. Now I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment